Sunday, April 11, 2010

Autumn in Australia

This week is our weekend off for many reasons: 1. Our bigger trips are for the most part planned. 2. We couldn't think of where to go on short notice and 3. Paul really has not had a break. I think I have stated that before, but really, going on a mini vay-cay every weekend can be exhausting. Especially when you work 70 hours a week. So, I took pity on poor Paul (note the alliteration) and said no, we are to sleep!

Even then though, a weekend in the city is not one to be considered boring. We have always been pleasantly surprised at how much we do while we are "staying in". Friday night, Paul's work had tickets to see The Merchants of Bollywood, which is like a musical revue of Bollywood movies. One thing to note is that they come out with 800 movies a year! That's ridiculous! It was a fun show with lots of hard core dancing, something I thought my sister Becca would enjoy. I of course tried to dance in my chair, but Paul started whispering things like "embarrassing" and "can't get rid of her" :). Then, we went to visit our friends Vish's apartment and our other friend Alison's apartment. Which we are jealous of 'cause they have such nice places! Don't get me wrong, our place is fine, but they have big apartments with balconies and separate rooms from their kitchen. I cannot wait for more space.

Saturday we literally spent the entire morning snuggling inside until we hit the beach with Vish, Alison, Tess, Aaron, and Christopher. It was nice to hang out with friends and just relax. We also spent the evening with the same crowd just relaxing and talking at Alison's apartment. We really want her balcony and Paul is slowly trying to coax her to switch with us. Fat chance of that happening!

Sunday we stayed in and worked on various items, like our wedding website, which is beautifully redone and we are sending out our save the dates...as soon as our parents approve the final guest list. We also finished our registries and thought of our other trips.

Becca, you were wondering about the weather here, so I figured since this will be a short post, I will dedicate a bit of time to the season change we are undergoing. It is indeed fall, but in this city, you would never be able to tell. We have a few big trees that I think would undergo the leaf change...but sadly not. What they do is slowly take back the green and leave a gross, dead, brown color. Not nearly as romantic as you would think. However, I have been told that the leaves change color in the Snowy Mountains, which is our next weekend trip (that or Jervis Bay), so I would like to see that.

As for the temperature, it is a bit cooler. I don't think it will get really cold but it has a September feel, with the look of summer? I guess being at the beach is a change of perspective for me 'cause I never lived in a coastal town. People still go to the beach and lay out, but there are others who have brought out their winter coats. I also give them a funny face.

During the day, I have dedicated my time to planning wedding things, finding a place for us in Atlanta, and also finding a job. The wedding so far is underway. We have our vendors and I feel like it will be a lovely little wedding on a mountaintop. As for the job and house, I have to be a bit more patient. Jobs for teachers are only seriously looked at in June/ July and housing we should seriously consider in May. I am anxious to see everything come to fruition so I don't have to be stressed upon my return home. So, any helpful directions in terms of living in Atlanta or a job would be most appreciated. Anyway, thanks for tuning in! We shall have a more active post next week. Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. Necesita volver a north cobb! Te extranamos. Espanol es bien, yo finalmente entiendo subjunctivo! su gran, estoy en ello como el blanco del arroz. (dudo que lo traduzca correctamente) Que se obtiene GLEE en Australia? es muy comico, em encanta lo! si no, aquí hay un vínculo para la dosis de sue!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbi-a-W2RM8


    te amo! abrazos y besos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous!! I have always wanted to go SCUBA diving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...no Glee does not come on until the 28th or so and I am going crazy! I thought to audition for it, since I'm a Spanish teacher who does theatre and I may still do it. Scuba diving is amazing and I recommend you going to the Great Barrier Reef. We did introductory diving, so you can go without any prior experience. Anyway, hasta luego chicas!

    ReplyDelete