Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Semester wrap up

Can we all just take a moment to quickly applaud Paul Meggs?

You have no idea how long it takes to get him to do something like that.  It's like a complicated dance that only he knows the moves to and I stomp around aggressively.  I first say "why don't you write a post?" and he says ok.  Nothing happens.  I suggest it again, with a touch more of a pleading tone, until it escalates because of his inactivity.  Then I'm screaming over a Skype call 3 months after the fact "OMGYOUHOMEWRECKERJUSTWRITETHEBLOG"!!!  He just giggles and says he did it already. Ugh.

 Don't worry, we love each other very much.

It's incredible that the semester is over and in only 3 days I will be in Charlotte to drop Buncombe off at my parents' house and 5 more until I am reunited with PM in Chile.  I'm just bouncing off the walls because I finished all my assignments so early ('cause I'm someone who likes things in early...unlike SOME people).  So, why not do a blog post?

Here are a series of pictures:

This year, I hosted Thanksgiving at my place for all the Emerson students who didn't have a place to go...also known as Orphan Thanksgiving.


The food was amazing


I made the turkey this year...not in that pan.  It was tasty if I do say so myself.  Her name was Ramona.  I had a few complications because the bird was still partially frozen.  We didn't eat until 9:30 :).  However, I survived my first time making a turkey!



Since quite a few of the "orphans" were international, we made hand turkeys, so they get the full experience of an American Thanksgiving.  I guess I should be thankful no one lost their cool over not eating until 9:30.  


Thanksgiving fell on Chanukah, so we had a little service with my friend Michele.  Happy Thanksgivikah! 

Also on Thanksgiving, I volunteered at Tavern in the Square, a restaurant that every year hosts a Thanksgiving lunch/dinner for the homeless.  I was given the task of Good Samaritan, which I think someone cheated and looked me up on Emerson or Facebook and said "that one looks like she's got a mouth.  Let's make her talk a lot".  My job was to walk around and have conversations.  I learned so much about people.  Everyone was so grateful and kind when I chatted them up and I felt so great getting to do something as simple as talking.  I even got to bless a couple of crosses, which was interesting 'cause they were chains on a dude's neck.  It didn't matter what I said, so much as I said something kind.  That's something we must all remember: speak more gently to our fellows.  

Now, it's the holidays!

Boston has a wonderful amount of snow, but not sticking as much.  It's still so beautiful to see it fall and I love getting to snuggle with my kitty in these last few days before we leave.  


Emerson had a holiday gala in which we all dressed up and looked pretty together.  That and we danced of course.  This is the only picture of me from that night, so forgive the blurriness.  

Only a few more days and I get to be with my best friend again :).  We will be doing a huge trip through South America and having crazy adventures from Dec. 16-Jan. 9.  Of course, all of it will be posted when we return, so stay tuned!  

Until then, Los Meggs wish you and your loved ones an amazing holiday season, full of mirth and love.  

Family portrait!...Buncombe looks like he wants freedom...

2 comments: