Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Graduation and Good-bye's

Hey Hey Hey!

It's been a long month of adventures and tearful farewells for us, hence why I didn't update.  Paul's biggest adventure was, of course, graduating from MIT with not one, but TWO DEGREES!


Pretty proud.

The festivities began that Friday before graduation, with the special Sloan graduation at a theatre in the theatre district of Boston and on the top of the Prudential building.  It was gorgeous and we got to meet the parents of all our friends.  It was amazing to meet the source of everybody's mannerisms and we loved meeting everyone.  

View from the top of the Pru.  I love this city.


Saturday was the big day and we, of course, took a lot of photos.


Lovely day


Paul's parents came up!


And had to sit with me for 3 hours...so lucky!


Kate ended up stalking me.  At every event, she was behind me.  Now, I constantly look over my shoulder.  Just in case.




Caught some classmates in the procession.  JS!


This was my favorite of Ash


Handsome devil


Getting to the middle of the alphabet makes for really rough picture taking


Shadowy Dan



Anyone with the last name Whipple gets to have a good picture.  'Cause everyone sits down.



Paul and his Momma


Yamaka graduation cap






We always need to have 10,000 photos of us


Obviously listening intently...


Obviously.






After graduation, the LGOs scampered off to Firebrand Saints for some fun.  


My ladies :)  I will miss them so so so much


The rest of the SO's.  I mean, we are pretty important.

It was an exhausting day, but he graduated!  Exciting!  So, yes, we had to celebrate more with our dear friends.  On Sunday, we trotted out to Andrew Bower's parents' home in New Hampshire for an at home BBQ.


Paul and Spencer play KUB on the lawn.


Paul's parents take in the sun



Dat pig



Andrew!!


Conor was a big part of it too.  Too bad there was no shirtless wood cutting :(


It isn't a party without Greg




JS getting that mussel


And then Ira got ahold of baby Vivi, Greg and Tiffany's baby.


She's pretty cute!



Unveiling the LGO cake



I ended up not getting a very good group shot.  Oh well.  There they are.


We love Andrew...por siempre!


Ana tambien!  I don't like being without her!


Tear.


Lovely PriceNation family


Alanna and Jane


And we cannot forget to commemorate the moment when Tom drove his van down to the lake and then got it stuck.  It was a great party.


I kinda fell in love with this pig.

Saying good-bye is never easy, and I cannot say that I am ok with not seeing these wonderful people almost every day.  This journey has been amazing and we have truly been blessed with beautiful friends who I know we can count on no matter what.  I will always treasure these days for the rest of my life.  

So, what's next for us?  Just move to Atlanta, buy a car, finish my summer class, find a job for me, figure out the rest of our lives BLAH!  It's more up in the air than anything else but we just roll with it.  Next post will be about our trip to Iceland and then Germany.  I'm so excited to share these moments on here.  

I don't know what the future holds for this blog, but at least, we have quite a few more posts on the back burner that I have to do, so stay tuned!


Spencer gets a special picture because his parents like to look at my blog.  If I get compliments, you get special treatment :)


Good-bye Boston.  I love you so much.







2 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel.....it was such a pleasure to meet you and Paul? Thank you for your wonderfully entertaining and informative blog. It allowed us to keep up with the 2014 LGO class and to reaffirm that Spencer was exactly where he was suppose to be. May you and Paul be blessed with a lifetime of happiness. If you are ever in San Diego please get in touch. Very Fondly, Marla and Clark Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome experience. Something you will treasure forever! Very proud of Paul and all your hard work. Proud of all you are doing as well Rachel. Now for the new chapter of your lives! Love you both!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete