Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blizzaster 2013

As everyone has heard, yes, Snowpocalypse has occurred on our fair city.  Blizzaster, snow-icane, snowtastrophe...I think I've listed all the names for Nemo, but it was indeed a big event here.  It is apparently the biggest snow event Boston has seen in years...and we got to play in it!

MIT closed school on Friday in anticipation of this great storm, since it was to hit around 7...at least at it's hardest.  It really just snowed all day, a half an inch an hour.  We stretched our legs before we would be confined to the indoors by walking to the Common and getting some floral wire for me, so I could make tissue flowers for my gorgeous vases.

At around 7, the wind picked up and the snow hit...HARD!


Our windows during the night-covered with snow.


The next morning


On our rooftop


Count how many cars there are. 
*Hint: those snow banks are cars

We also got bored whilst cooped up and made this picture:


Pretty awesome right?  Paul's quite talented

The next morning, it was almost like the apocalypse did happen.  Not a car was out and all of the Beacon Hill residents were out walking about, and looking highly confused.  It was so much fun getting to walk in the street without worrying if a car was coming.  People were generally just having a good time in the snow and seeing neighbors.  


Over one of the major roads.  Pedestrians own this city!


The Charles...frozen.

Paul and I went out in the snow and bullied about.  Here is an account of that fun:



I tried to sled down the Hill...it wasn't the greatest


Oh Paul


Getting a push from a nice neighbor


The Charles again


Relaxing at the Esplanade


The Garden


George Washington statue


For my Mom.  She loves those ducks


Snow angel!


Wipe out


Paul tries it


I got moves


The sled actually disintegrated later.  We're gonna have to invest a stronger sled.


If you gaze to the left, you can see Paul in the green jacket and me next to him in the red hood.

This was the MIT Sloan battle between Paul's ocean (Baltic) and another ocean (Caribbean).  It went from snow fight to King of the Snow Pile quickly.  

Now it is Sunday, and Paul is busily prepping for his week ahead.  I'm busy looking cute in everything my wonderful Aunt Angela makes me.  Picture will come soon...when I don't look so blah.  Perhaps today, we will venture forth again to play more in the snow.  Or we'll just snuggle :).  


Happy Blizzard Day!








0 comments:

Post a Comment