Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Reopening day!

Hello everyone!!! Wow, two years ago Paul and I went on our crazy adventure to Sydney and never thought something neat like that would happen again. I guess we were wrong. While Boston is not Sydney, it certainly is a change of life nonetheless. It's crazy to think that this is happening. We are so excited about the next two years...it's always a two year process huh? Anyway, at first, I was reticent about taking up the blog again. I mean, it's Boston...does it really merit blogging? It's not another country and we won't be going on trips every weekend like in Australia. But after this weekend and seeing all the awesomeness that Boston has to offer, I figured, why not? It'll be easy to keep everyone up to date on our lives and gives Paul an excuse to show off his pictures. We do plan on traveling a lot because this part of the country is new to us. Although I grew up in NY, I haven't seen too much of the North it seems. I guess I grow verbose, so let us share with you the move!! On May 29, Paul and I set off in our Budget moving truck after selling both our cars (can I say how upset I was about selling my precious car?) with Buncombe in tow and headed to Charlotte for the final farewells to our parents. I thought it was quite appropriate that we left on our 9 year dating anniversary. We are so cute!

 We traveled through North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and ended in Connecticutt for the night on May 30. It was not a bad drive and we even had great company with Buncombe, who braved to come out every once in a while :)
                                    


 The next day was the rough one. We made it to Boston and moved in that day. Driving through Boston is the worst, but moving into a Beacon Hill apartment is exhausting. We hired three guys to help move our stuff...up four flights of stairs. No, we don't have an elevator. Paul and I are going to be super fit. It only took a couple of hours but it was probably the best money ever spent because of how terrible it was trying to get stuff up those stairs! Here's the embodiment of those few hours:

 

 Disgusting. Despite that, Boston has been great! Currently it is cold and overcast with loads of rain, but hopefully it will clear up soon and we can experience our summer and play on our rooftop terrace. The benefit of going up four flights of stairs is having the roof easily accessible. The new banner pic is from the rooftop and it is just as beautiful as it depicts. Here's a few pics of us enjoying the roof.








































We have been doing some small stuff, and when the apartment is more together, we will post those pictures. Paul is on his second day of classes and really is enjoying it. Mainly, it's about getting to know each other, so no stress yet. As for me, I am working on putting the apartment together and trying to find jobs.
 Well, this turned out to be a larger post than I originally intended, but I hope you liked it. Tune in for new updates in our new adventure up north!

1 comment: