Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fatness

As I am typing this new entry, I am stuffing my face with microwaved Christmas M&M's (not the peanut ones...that's Paul).  Tis the season to stuff your face, and we have been doing just that.  Although we didn't get to enjoy Thanksgiving at home, we did spend it with some delightful people up here.  Not only that, but I finished a bunch of papers, that I am sure would never have occurred amidst my nieces and nephews.  Upsides and downsides to both, but nonetheless, we were here.

We began the day with Paul making his annual dish for the year: Deviled Meggs.  We should've also brought Paul's big huge corn bucket that we found at Costco and that we do every year for Thanksgiving, but alas we didn't.  Shame on us.  I added to our dishes with Potato Gratin and made Paul's mom's infamous Carrot Cake that everyone loved.  I made it so I could give Paul a taste of home, which I think I did since he hovered over me in the kitchen until I let him lick the bowls.  This he did right when I said "I think I'll make the cake now".  How he loves to try my patience :).


 Waiting on the T with the food




 Thank you Ryan and Kate (Dosses)!

Making some 'taters

We arrived at the Dosses and found that Ryan had peeled part of his thumb and was at MIT medical trying to get fixed up.  Luckily, it was just bandaged up, no need for stitches or anything serious.  Poor guy!  He missed all of the grazing, but at least not the main event.


Ana making the turkey (it was awesome!)


So much... and that wasn't all of it


There are two Rachels!

The meal was so good, it was worth the wait (3 PM).  But Paul and I decided that was for the best because we had another Thanksgiving to go to after and we didn't eat so much there.  So, we think we didn't gain as much weight (this is what we tell ourselves).  After dinner, we played games then went to the next house after dessert.


Games get intense


Males...notice the beard on Paul in the foreground?

So, that was Thanksgiving.  Great success!

It is now almost the end, and only 2 big weeks until we are back in Charlotte for our break.  Christmas is in the air and I'm of course pumped.  I decorated everything!  I changed out my soaps for the holiday ones, put the wreath on the door, and got our Christmas tree!  Will post the finished product of our tree later, but here is our adventure getting our beloved, huge....


CHARLIE BROWN TREE!



I am actually quite certain that last year I said to Paul that I wanted a Charlie Brown tree at some point because I felt so bad for them.  I got my wish!  Next post will be of our tree, as soon as Paul can do it.  He's going on a retreat with the MIT Student Senate (he's a senator...forgot to mention that) this weekend.

Well, that's about it.  First semester of graduate school almost complete.  What have we learned?  Or at least for myself?  

\

Yeah...that's real.  And surprisingly small right?

Don't stress so much, work efficiently, read everything, STUDY STUDY STUDY, do something that you love every once in a while or you'll strangle someone, never get less than 8 hours of sleep, and every once in a while, make Paul snuggle with you, whether he likes it or not.  

:)

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment