Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hurricane, Halloween, and Hockey...oh my!

Let me start off with the good stuff.

After our anniversary, Paul's parents came up for a visit.  We loved having the both of them up and they had real adventures in the Northeast, with great weather.  On that Saturday, we walked approximately 8 miles with them around town and saw a bit of the Charles Regatta.  The Regatta is a rowing competition of sorts and apparently a big to do...it didn't seem all that thrilling to me.  But, nonetheless, we saw it.  We even got another nice Italian meal in the North End.  I know we are starting to sound like a broken record with how we show our guests a good time, but hey, when you have great places to visit, you don't mind visiting more than once.  Or even increasing your waistline.  So, if you do come to visit, expect the North End.  Because it's delicious.  



Paul and his parents in front of Sloan


I wanted a good picture with BU boats in front of the Citgo sign because that's where BU is.  Success.

Next, is Halloween, which was super fun.  This year, Paul and I were....


HAMBURGLAR AND THE GRIMACE!

I know I wasn't an amorphous blob of purple that is the usual Grimace.  Sue me for wanting to be pretty.  Everybody knew who Paul was and most just smiled at me.  And then I told them they needed more Happy Meals as a child.  I bet you didn't know the Grimace and Hamburglar were best friends?  Well, for those who don't know, here's a video to remind you on who the two are:

Click here

I know, getting fancy with my blog entries...multi-modal. 

Also, with the ushering in of November, it is now hockey time for the LGOs.  Which means Paul on ice.  Which means Rachel sitting in the stands with the camera anxiously awaiting every fall Paul does.  The first game was very disappointing because Paul only fell once.  At least the second game was spectacular.  Paul fell at least twice and the second one was glorious.  I know it sounds like I revel in my husband's pain...and it's true because he's so funny on ice.  The first game, Paul's team lost.  

The second game, the team got their jerseys and won the game!  I will also upload a video of that game on the next post, since it is still in the works.  Paul worked so hard and I was so proud of his efforts (his jersey says Coldbelly).  Good job Paul!


The team (the maroon side...not red)


Coldbelly shoots!! 


Game face

Also, midterms have happened at BU (and apparently still going on at MIT?) and I must say, I survived.  I got a B on Research Methods...I've never been more proud of a B in my life.  I actually never had a formal midterm session at Western, so this whole concept is new to me.  But, we survived with only a filthy apartment.

As for the hurricane, thank you for all those who were thinking of us.  We appreciated it and turned out we got the day off, but no real considerable damage.  However, poor NYC and New Jersey.  They are basically underwater and most of my peers from BU have family and friends in those areas.  Think of them and try to help as much as you can.  We were so fortunate.  

I will have another post soon, as tonight we are having our Fall Ball, where we dress nicely and dance the night away.  So, until then, have a great day!

Also, Happy early Birthday Nichole!  We love and miss you!



0 comments:

Post a Comment