Sunday, January 13, 2013

Switzerland

Hello friends

It has been a solid month of rest and fun.  Tis bittersweet that it is over, but I am glad to be back in Boston town.  So is Buncombe kitty, who is currently snuggled up so close to me.  He seems to have missed his Momma desperately.

Our first stop for our break was of course Charlotte, to visit the family.  It was great to visit everyone and see all my sweet nieces and nephews (can we not just call them niphews?  Brothers and sisters are siblings, so why not?).

Then, for the New Year we went to the long awaited trip to SWITZERLAND!!  It was our Christmas/birthday presents to each other and we had a great time.  We went to our friend's Swiss chalet in Champery, the French speaking portion.  I never learned French, so this was a bit of a shock to me.  I had the urge to speak Spanish to everyone...even though most people spoke English.  Perhaps it is the feeling I am neglecting my second language.  Oh well.







On New Year's Eve, we went skiing for first time in a long time.  Now, I've skied before and although not nearly accomplished, I have skied before.  I couldn't do it.  I was terrified of flying off the edge of a mountain and personally, this must stem from me shying away from anything athletic.  One fall did it for me.  Paul did well though and maybe he'll do more ski trips with the LGO's.  I will wait in the lodge  :).




Our sweet teacher, Augusta, helping out.  How patient she was!


After skiing, Lizzie's parents had their annual party.  Unfortunately, poor Mom cut her finger and had to be rushed to the doctor's!  She made it back before midnight, but she was missed.




Lizzie's wonderful parents


We played Life after midnight...it took too long.  


Beautiful shot by Tey (Jan's boyfriend)

The rest of the trip, we dedicated to snowshoeing about.  We got some great photos, and this is only a sampling.











We loved our time among the Swiss and among such great friends.



Well, now I've returned!  I am currently without my dearest friend since he is on plant trek.  This is when the class goes on a glorified field trip to the partner companies of MIT and see different plants.  Currently, they are in Portland to see Nike.  They finished their first leg by seeing Raleigh (Novartis), Amazon and Caterpillar in Peoria.  I will do another update when Paul returns, since I'm sure he'll have some photos.  

Adieu for now!






0 comments:

Post a Comment