Thursday, August 1, 2013

Late post

Hey friends,

We had an amazing weekend doing amazing things, but sadly, we haven't had time to go through our photos.  Mainly because my friend Trisha came to visit!  We've been lucky in getting visitors, but this one was serendipitous.

Me and Trisha at Plaza de Armas in Lima

Trisha and I met in Granada, Spain, during our time at the University of Granada.  At the time, Paul was just a boyfriend and we were so very young.  That was 7 years ago.  We never really stayed in touch, although we did become good friends.

Now, 7 years later, I saw Trisha was in Santiago, Chile, hanging out and practicing her Spanish.  So, I invited her up and she said yes.  It was awesome!  We had a fantastic time catching up Monday through Wednesday.  It was great just to have another girl around.  We went to the Barranco district for breakfast, hung out in downtown, made some new friends all around, and shopped until we dropped.  

Paul and I enjoyed our visitor and my blast from the past and we were so sad to see her go.  Yet, it was still amazing to see her and see the changes in our lives since that time so long ago.  

We will probably have the post up tomorrow, since we are leaving again.  I want to do this next one justice though, so hang tight and have patience with me.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go rest, research, and read...my favorite 3Rs.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time! Glad you were able to get together. Seems like some friends can remain good friends even though many years pass since you've seen them. You can pick up right where you left off!
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete