Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We landed!!!!

So, I am finally here in Sydney Australia! It is my third day and I am still getting my bearings. But, I knew I needed to update my progress and let everyone know how we are fairing.
On Saturday we made it to the Charlotte airport for our 1:43 flight to the ATL. From Atlanta, we flew to Los Angeles so our plane could gas up to take us to Sydney. I must say, when you think about sitting in a plane for 22 hours, you don't think of the excruciating torment of sitting upright in a crowded plane with the idea that, oh my god, I am here until eternity. Torment! But hey, you gotta pay the price to lay on a beautiful beach in Australia. So, Paul and I get off the plane at 9:00 AM Jan. 4 Australia time...which is 5:00 PM Jan. 3 US time...craaaaazy! Paul and I inspected our beautiful new flat and we are set to go. He started his job yesterday and was instantly staffed on a 4 week case...which means he will be working a lot. Boo. Oh well! I will be able to explore this country and as soon as I have internet in our new abode, I will upload my fabulous videos and pictures. I had an interview for a job yesterday and another one on Friday for tutoring a girl in Spanish. We shall see what occurs. For now though, I am living it up and relaxing on the beach accomplishing one of my New Year's resolutions...get a tan! :)

Special thanks to Marisol y Catalina...Gracias por el cuadernito! Voy a usarlo todo el tiempo! Tengo un video para ustedes, pero ahora no puedo ponerlo en mi blog. Lo siento! Espero que ustedes esten felices y pasen un semestre fabuloso. Hasta luego!

0 comments:

Post a Comment