Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wedding and relaxation

Hey guys! Hope you've been enjoying the photos. I didn't exactly tell you what we did after my birthday, so, I guess it is time to update.
Australia Day was Tuesday and it was like a large festival. It's the equivalent of our 4th of July, only they are a commonwealth, so it's not an independence day. More like the anniversary of when the English settlers came. Anyway, so we went down to Darling Harbour and saw the Great Ferry Race. It's a large race with all the ferries and Paul and I just thought it was a bit messy and looked like they could easily hit each other. But, then again, we aren't sea folk. That night, we stayed for the fireworks and they were AWESOME! They were very beautiful and loved watching them. However, our disappointment from the evening: during the firework display, they played a song from Miley Cyrus...AND NO LAND DOWN UNDA'!!! Paul and I felt that was highly unpatriotic and we as Americans snubbed our noses at the stupidity of choosing Miley Cyrus over Men at Work.
Wednesday, we went sailing with Paul's company on the Harbour and it was very nice. Twas a bit cloudy but it held off and we raced other boats! Our boat lost, but it was good bit of fun.
This weekend, Paul and I just relaxed. Went to the beach, ate some gelato, watched the sunset,...all while you guys were having snow!!! Although I am highly jealous, I do wish to say that an entire year of summer is worth it :). Maybe next year.
Anyway, I figured I might as well send along our wedding website in the process because very soon, we will be sending out our Save the Dates (yay!). Check it out and when you get the Save the Date, book your hotel ASAP! All the information is on there, so enjoy. Anyway, I am now working on opening my cooking horizons and tonight, it is Lamb Chops in Ratatouille. Wish me luck! Tomorrow is Pad Thai!
http://weddings.theknot.com/pwp/pwp2/view/MemberPage.aspx?coupleid=9068842843425849

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love Ratatouille! It tastes good, but I kinda like the movie better. It is my all time favorite! It's getting pretty cold down here and I wish I was in Australia right now. Have you picked out your wedding dress yet? How about the cake? I'm sad that they didn't play Men at Work! Especially on Australia Day! I mean Miley Cryus! Really? Really? Anyway, it seems like you had a great birthday! Happy Belated Birthday. Make sure you soak up some sun for me!
    Marisol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. All, I have to see your wedding dress!! I'm so happy for you and glad you are enjoying Australia while all of us are missing you :(

    ReplyDelete