Sunday, February 28, 2010

Katoomba and day to day life

G'day mates. Hope all is well in your hemisphere. We are experiencing heavy rainfall at the moment with lower temperatures. I love it! Now I can blog to you guys while snuggling up on the couch. Fall is closing in on us here as we enter into March. It's almost unbelievable that we have been here two months. We still have so much to do but we will get it done. We have a plan.
This weekend, we went to the Blue Mountains again because the last time it was so rainy. It was spectacular that now when we look off cliffs and look outs, we didn't see a sheet of white mist! The views were gorgeous and of course, Paul and I couldn't help but compare these mountains to the Appalachians. The Blue Mountains are steeper by far of course, it holds a rain forest. Appalachians are much more softer in appearance with not as much drama, but I do miss them. It did make us realize that we needed to explore our own country. Between me and Paul, we have seen China, Thailand, Australia, Egypt, Mexico, and Spain and yet neither of us have been west of the Mississippi. So, I'm pretty sure our honeymoon will be in either Alaska or in the great west.
Anyway, so we hopped on the train to Katoomba which took us approximately two hours and then walked to our motel. The hostel was booked up which was sad, but our place was nice because the motel manager was so dedicated to telling us which trails were the best ones and what to do. He was wonderful and we would stay there again.
Afterward, we went to Echo Point to take a good look at the rock formation called the Three Sisters. An old Aboriginal legend gave this rock feature the name because in the past, there were three beautiful maidens and for some reason or another a witch doctor turned them into stone. But it was neat to look at. The last weekend we could not even see them thanks to all the mist. We then went down some steep stairs and did a four hour hike. Let me tell you, those stairs had killed whatever hiking spirit I had in me, which is why I'm not leaving the flat today.
That night, we walked to a Greek restaurant and then walked to Echo Point so Paul could take some nifty looking night shots. I have posted pictures to our Snapfish account, but I will post some cool ones here too.
Sunday, we went to the tourist ridden Scenic world, where we rode the world's steepest train ride! Literally, took all of 3 minutes to do, so slightly disappointing. But I was not about to climb some stairs. When we get a house, it will be a ranch. No stairs thank you. Then, we left Katoomba and it promptly began to rain. I am so glad the weather held out and we were able to enjoy the weekend.
An update on our day to day life: So, it seems everyone wants to know what I do during the week since, I essentially do not have a job and Paul is gone all day. I have dedicated this time to learning. I want to become a true Renaissance woman and be able to know and do so many things. I am currently learning German and expanding my cooking horizons. Last week was Asian recipe week and this week is Spanish! Hopefully my tortilla comes out well! I'll let you know. Next week is German food, so Mom, tell Grandma I need some of her recipes. Beyond that, I go to the beach, clean, exercise like mad, and read. I have also learned how to massage. I am always looking to new things to try and learn and I think I am so far succeeding in my many ventures. Well, I need to begin the cleaning process (Mondays are the big cleaning days). So, auf weidersehn and tell us what is new with you! We like comments and you feel so out of touch sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. hola senorita all! hoy fue la dia de nieve. salimos dos horas temprano!!!! fue muy bien, ustedes es registrando para las clases esta semana. me inscribĂ­ arriba para espanol cinco y AP :) mis clases esta bein, yo quiero ir visita en tu aula pero tu no esta aqui :( yo encontre un articulo sobre glee! es muy comico y yo pense de tu.

    http://community.sparknotes.com/2009/12/11/why-we-love-glee

    abrazos y besos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola chiquita! Que suerte! Espero que estuviera alli. Los extrano y estoy orgullosa de ti sobre espanol AP!!!! AHHH!!! Eres trabajadora! Me encanta este articulo. Todo es corecto, pero Sue Sylvester es la mejor!!! Ella es tan comica. Pues, besitos chiquita and diles a tus amigos de Senorita All.

    ReplyDelete