Saturday, September 15, 2012

Beginning of school

Well howdy!  Fair warning, it's a long one.

 It's been quite a time recently with the beginning of our studies at MIT and BU, adjusting to school life and the fact that we are both so busy now...who knew grad school was like that, right?  Typically, during the week we get to school early in the morning, go to classes and work at school, then come home roughly around 6 or a little earlier, eat dinner, and then study some more.  Then, bedtime at 11!  I don't think it's that much physical homework.  Just read, study, read, comprehend, read, analyze...and read, in case you didn't read enough.  I think it's a bit difficult to sum up both our experiences in one lump, so I'm gonna cut it up a little:

BU- Reactions to the program- it's a bit more medical than anticipated.  I am taking 21 hours and just learned that it is now required that I take a statistics course...great.  Why wasn't I told this before?  One of the program directors told me this during a mixer last Friday.  Ugh.  That's the biggest downer though.  Oh well.  It's not like I plan on doing research so one math class won't kill me...but it is stats...ugh.  I guess that's what I get from running from math all my life.  I'll survive.

The girls are nice and very helpful (if I didn't say it before, it's 25 girls in my program).  My friend who is in the same boat with me (i.e. no prerequisites to the program) is German and her name is Marina :).  Just like my Mommy!  We get along of course.  This semester is nothing but classes, but next, I will start working with patients.  Crazy!

MIT- Paul has a new team to work with, so he has all new friends to make.  But that's the point of his program I suppose, is that he needs to network and meeting new people has to become a norm.  He's been on a lot of plant tours including: Raytheon, Bose, New Balance, and Kidde-Fenwal.  His favorite was New Balance, and he really enjoyed their outlet store.  I even got a couple things, thanks to his friends who helped him pick out the gifts.  He has loaded up on hours, but at least by loading up, the subsequent semesters will be easier.  MIT also sponsors a lot of speakers that come and visit, many of which Paul has attended and he seems to gain a lot from these successful people.

 ON TO PICTURES!



The bigger the better right?

This was Paul's summer team before going on a boat with the rest of the class.  MIT rented two big boats that took us out on the harbor where we ate, danced, and socialized the night away.  It was a great time and we really loved seeing everyone.  I don't think we got many other photos out of that, but it was fun.

But, we should have more photos coming from...80'S NIGHT!


Like our outfits?  I especially loved Paul's glasses and bandana.  We would have been the hottest couple in the 80's, I just know it.  

We have done so much so far, and it's crazy to think we've been in school for two weeks.  It's only going to get better...or it'll kill us.  Who knows?  We are just enjoying our time going to school and having great friends.  See ya!



0 comments:

Post a Comment