Thursday, September 27, 2012

That Autumn feeling

Phew!  It's been a couple of weeks since I have updated.

It's been a lot of school.  A LOT!  Monday through Thursday is basically Paul and myself constantly on the go.  We say hello and good bye, kiss each other in passing and say how nice we look on our way to classes.  But the weekends are very much worth it.  We spend time with our new group of friends, relax on the couch, and really enjoy our time together.  I guess I'm getting sentimental because in a couple of weeks it's our anniversary.  That's a post to be.

BU is great, although some classes are definitely more difficult than others.  My research class...Paul has become my tutor, which is good because I'm studying and spending time with him.  Two birds, one stone.  I had a gathering of the girls last weekend, which was nice.  We are really starting to bond and come out of our shells.

MIT is, of course, out of control fun.  Paul has joined the flag football team and loves it.  It gives him a chance to exercise but have fun with his buddies.  Here's a cute picture of the team



Not the greatest picture, it was with my phone.  So, it will do.

I got into the a capella group at MIT so now I get to sing once a week.  This is something I have been missing so much.  I'm really excited about it and maybe I'll post a video in the following months of my group singing.

The highlight of the past couple of weekends though has been the long awaited apple picking.  For our southern brethren, a must-do item in the fall up North is to go apple picking.  Paul resisted saying how it was "manual labor" and that he wasn't "interested".  I think I changed his tune.

We went with a group of people from MIT and got so many goodies including two bags of apples (I gotta make something soon!), apple butter, pumpkin butter, and apple cider (we already drank it all...four days later).  Here are some pictures of this fun trip.



Taught Paul about apple cider doughnuts.  I'll admit we ate three each.





The group
Paul ended up liking it after all...especially the doughnut part.  

Next post should be an exciting one...October always is!  My mom comes up!  Paul's parents come up! IT'S OUR ANNIVERSARY!  MIDTERMS!

As for our new picture, I will probably change it once the leaves change colors and we can get a beautiful New England photo.  But for now, enjoy the pumpkins.



0 comments:

Post a Comment