Saturday, September 8, 2012

Labor Day weekend

Hey everyone!  I have returned after a very long week of CLASSES!

Paul and I have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off, but I am gonna take this moment and update everyone on our Labor Day weekend adventure.  This time we went....

CAMPING IN NEW HAMPSHIRE!



We were sitting around the apartment on Saturday, not really thinking of doing anything when a friend called.  Some friends were going camping and we were invited to join.  Excellent!  Beacon Hill (where we live) was crazy with the big moving weekend in the city (everyone moves Labor Day weekend).  We were also hankering for an adventure, so we packed up and headed up to New Hampshire in Fraconia National Park.  

 


The site

I think this trip was much needed before our graduate studies truly commenced.  Plus, it was the last weekend of the summer...sad.  But now we have autumn to look forward to.  I love fall.

We went on a hike up Black Mountain, which was awesome, but very uphill.  I can do uphill, downhill is not my forte.  But thankfully, I had a kind gentleman to help me the whole way :).  Here are some pictures.  We also had dog friends.  Paul said he wanted to trade in Buncombe.  I told him he was mean.

Friends going up the mountain






















Stella


At the top




Simba is a most photogenic dog



For David



For Paul...he just loves squirrels

We spent our time relaxing after the hike at the site.  Paul went for a dip in the river and I chatted with the ladies.  That night, we gazed at the moon through a fellow friend's telescope and just communed around the fire.  Just being in nature rejuvenated us and we loved getting these tranquil moments before the storm.  

We had a fantastic time with some fabulous people.  We love our friends and so far, our time in the North.  But you know...winter is coming...

Until next time...I will update on grad studies soon, but now we have our friends from Atlanta visiting so adieu for now.






0 comments:

Post a Comment