Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Catching up, Summer 2014, and the future

Hello everyone!

This post is a hodge podge.  It has been crazy here, but the craziest thing by far is this:


I finished my thesis.  It was so big, it involved three envelopes.  115 pages...


They'll take any thesis these days!


Signing my thesis


My chair and reader.  Amazing blonde ladies.

That was the biggest relief to date.  I am really happy I did it, but, man, it was a lot!  

My classes have been done for some time and the middle school play I was assistant directing finished last weekend.  So, what's a girl gonna do with all this free time?  Pack, obviously.  But also shop and eat oysters :).

There were a couple of events that I neglected to document, so here it all is:


A few weeks ago, we went with friends to the JFK Library, a museum dedicated to JFK and his family.


It was so windy, we couldn't take a good picture.



We then went to the Barking Crab.  I made an excellent lobster.  Dan made a so-so starfish.



Spring sprang up in Boston and when that happens, so does the Marathon.   It was great day.


Especially since an American won!  That's not Meb, the American who won, but it's the idea.

And now, it is getting to the end.  Paul graduates June 6th from MIT and I am feeling the pressing sadness that this move will bring.  We have made such wonderful friends, with whom we have shared the past two years together of ups and downs.  Mainly ups, let's be honest.  Luckily, we get one big hurrah before parting ways: the British Virgin Islands.  The entire business school will be taking to sailboats and seeing all the lovely islands in roughly nine days.  Our boat is the largest, which Paul has named Too Big to Sail.  It is the largest boat in the fleet, so, it's aptly named.  Although I'm sad that this is all ending, I have this to look forward to.  We leave....TOMORROW!

There are too many good things that we will also do.  We will travel to Iceland and Germany starting June 8th.  I will get to meet my extended family and see two of my long lost best friends, Becca and Laura!

I will update as much as I can about all of our adventures.  Next post will probably be the farewell to Boston.  Ugh.


The LGO's bid adieu to Don, their leader.






0 comments:

Post a Comment