Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Independence Day




So, 4th of July!  Hope everyone had a good one.  We had such a wonderful time with some fantastic folk.  Our day started off with us going to the MIT sailing pavilion and CLAIMING THE SPOT!  You have to do this a little early or the masses of people try to take up all the space.  We basically spent the day watching the boats go by and having fun.




The Pavilion



Our spot
There are a lot of pictures, so bear with me as I try to tell you all that happened.  

We stayed all day and even had a cook out with everyone bringing some side dish.  I brought my summer salad and it was a hit!  Or at least, I think so because it was eaten all up.


Let me tell you about this photo.  Paul had a twin in the guy who I like to call Matt Damon...doesn't he look just like him?!  Anyway, they were both wearing the same shirts, so we saw our friend Marcus with a Twins shirt...I think I'm over explaining but it was hilarious to me.


Look at all these friends!!  My outfit was of course coordinated.



MIT and Boston

Then came the night.  The symphony was playing beautifully with Jennifer Hudson singing and Dropkick Murphies playing early on.  All was going well until...STORM!  We were told to find cover somewhere...so we did...under the tent!  It didn't even happen, so the little delay did not impair our view of the fireworks.


Duck and cover











The fireworks were so impressive and beautiful.  And this was not even near the finale, because it started to rain, so we just put the camera up and enjoyed.  I loved having such a wonderful view.  The rain didn't even bother us because it was humid all day, so a little rain felt great.  What a perfect end to a wonderful day.

Summertime here is just wonderful in every way.  We'll see how we feel about winter :).




0 comments:

Post a Comment