Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lately

Hey everyone!  Some time has passed with no updates from us.  Mainly because it's been about our education and just hanging around with our new friends.  But we did have a couple fun experiences that we felt we could share.


Paul told me to do my high school portrait...I think this is the best :)



Last Sunday, Paul and I were hanging around the apartment when I said "hey, you don't take pictures anymore.  Lets go!"

So we did.  We took a walk to the Boston Common, which is on the backside of Beacon Hill.  Boston Common is the oldest common in the U.S.  It's a great place that includes a little pool area where kids can play around to cool down.  In the winter, they will ice it over and it will become an ice skating rink.

Next to the Common, there is a garden area that has the really pretty swan in the picture above.  This is where we stopped to pose and relax.  I really like the public places around here.  It's nice that I can do a picnic and just relax on the ground.  There are all sorts of different characters that go to the parks and yet, it's all peaceful and harmonious.

This weekend, we went to the Museum of Science!!!!  I love museums.  I am not the biggest science fan, but I enjoyed it all the same.  However, Paul was like a kid in a candy store.  He kept running around and leaving me at different stations to try all he could.  The different exhibits were all very different and interesting.  They had Tamarin monkeys at the human body area...can't remember why...but MONKEYS!

The highlight of the tour was the lightning show, where they explained lightning and even had an indoor lightning show.  The video included is the show and it's quite awesome.  The Van de Graaf machine is the largest in the world.  The thing that's playing the music are the Tesla coils.



Man, this post is getting long...

We also hung out with my cousin Wayne in New Hampshire a couple weekends ago.  He was so kind as to treat us to some delicious lobster (LOBSTAH!) rolls at Brown's, which apparently is pretty famous.  We had a great time seeing the beautiful area and looking at quaint towns.  New Hampshire is gorgeous.



NEXT WEEKEND...

We plan on getting up to West Point, NY for a fellow classmate's wedding.  Should prove to be super fun.  I promise, I'll update :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment