Tuesday, July 3, 2012

We're Singing at the Beach
















Corny title, eh?  Well, this weekend, Paul got Friday off, so we went and to Singing Beach.  We took this weekend to relax and enjoy each other's company because in a solid month, I don't think we really got to be together by ourselves.  It's always been on the go socializing, which we love, but we needed P + R time.  So, we went to the beach!

Singing beach to be exact.  There's not much to tell about except we took the train to get there.  We went to the station at 9:30 because Paul is paranoid, got on the train at 10:15, was there by 11:00 and walked to the beach.  We relaxed for so long and it was wonderful!  I think Paul really appreciated a trip from the norm and he needed to relax.  He was probably surprised by how exhausted he was.  The water was ice cold.  So cold that Paul wasn't too keen on it.  But when it's hot, I don't care if I have to hug a glacier.  Afterward, we got our ice cream (a must in my opinion) and headed back home.

I love the accessibility of the North.  You can take either the T, or the commuter train, or Amtrack and get anywhere you wish to go.  I can even take the train to Maine.  That's going to be exciting since I hope we can go to Acadia National Park at the end of August.  So, if anyone wants to join us, you are most welcome.  Basically, it was a nice, quiet weekend, but much needed.

So, tomorrow is the 4th.  Which is like Christmas in July for me because I do love my history and I get especially giddy on this day.  And I'm in Boston.  Where it all started.  !!!!!!!!.  I am so excited but I will leave my story telling to the July 4th edition.  Until then, have a merry 4th everyone!

P.S.- Special happy birthday to Harper Banks!  Love you

P.P.S- Paul took 1500 photos of that one seagull on a rock.  He will probably be perturbed that I only chose a couple to post.  He's so weird.

0 comments:

Post a Comment