Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A New York wedding

Good morning!  Hope all is well with everyone and that you are ready for the newest update.  This weekend, we attended a wedding at West Point, New York.  One of Paul's teammates in his classes was married at the West Point chapel.  I have never visited this area and I was not disappointed by the beauty of New York I have so often been mesmerized by.  The school is situated on the grand Hudson River and was surrounded by very little.  It was a great time and we enjoyed getting out of the city for a while.




The team...minus the groom






Mr. and Mrs. Chou


It rained...super lucky!


Admiring the bride's dress


Happy groom


Another team member (Dan) and myself


Another Sarah and myself


First dance


Paul participated in the salute

So...there aren't any pictures of Paul and myself.  Hopefully we will get them from others soon!  We were depending on friends and the photographers to take those pictures for us.  We were busy having a ball.   It was an intimate gathering, but full of love and heartily enjoyed.  All the best to David and Sarah Chou.

As for us, we have been great.  In 29 days, orientation starts up for me...not that I'm counting.   I am studying to test out of a class, so cross those fingers for me!  Paul is finishing up his summer classes and soon he will be super busy, probably going to start grunting at me for food instead of asking kindly like he normally does.  For the most part though, we love it here and we feel that we've had so much more time together.  I love these adventures with my best friend.

August is already here and we have been living in Boston for 2 months.  They have gone by so fast and have been so much fun.  To all my teacher friends and past students, good luck on the upcoming school year.  It's interesting to see that it's August and I'm not suddenly tense with that realization.  No more grading for me!  But I'll be sad knowing that I won't get to see all those kids that I adored in the hallway.  It's on to a new life and I wish nothing but the best to my North Cobb companions.  All the love and luck!

I am so excited about the next couple of weeks: Paul and I switch places.  More on that later (it's an exciting surprise) with loads of pictures to be sure ;).  See ya!

0 comments:

Post a Comment