Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Vermont excursion and what is to come

Hello again!  It is now time for part deux of our vacationing time.  I figured I better do all of this before the end of the week when things go crazy...because I will FINALLY be in orientation at BU.  Onwards...

Paul had an amazing summer team at MIT and one of his peers invited us up to a lakehouse in Vermont.  It was right on Lake Champlain and across the way, I could see my beloved Adirondack Mountains in New York.  It was such a peaceful time and so quiet, which was a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the city.  





The house


Snuggles


This one isn't staged...I fell asleep a lot.


For David Meggs: Paul skipped rocks for you


For all the Meggses: Here is a squirrel









Proof that we have friends #1



#2



Orion



Lizzie


Paul kneeboarding.  The face says it all



The people



Can you see the Big Dipper?



Perfect

We really enjoyed our time and are grateful to have spent it in such a serene place with great people.  

We also visited the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem to look at the Ansel Adams exhibit (he's a photographer).  It was fun and we didn't do too much in Salem because I personally do not wish to ruin Halloween for myself when I do visit sometime in October.  Otherwise, the rest of vacation was dedicated to relaxing and watching old TV shows.

RIGHT NOW!  Paul is currently at orientation, meeting the rest of his classmates in the Sloan department.  It seems like a lot of people, although I won't know until Thursday when I meet them at a reception.  But I think the most exciting news for this week is that SCHOOL IS FINALLY STARTING FOR ME!! YIPPEE!  No longer will I be a woman of leisure.  I am ready to meet my classmates and finally learn.  Friday, however, is when I take my test to see if I get out of a class.  I have been reading, studying, and slaving for three months.  So, please send positive thoughts my way on Friday at 8:30 AM. 

Well, that's it.  Now begins our crazy adventure: two students in grad school.  Good luck to us.

To Finley and to my friend Clara-Happy Birthday tomorrow! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment