Thursday, March 27, 2014

SETC and some news that's not so new

Hello all and we are back to our regularly scheduled program: our normal lives!

Well, maybe not so normal.  Almost the entire month of March (by the way, where did that go?) Paul and I have been separated by our own projects.  Mine was SETC (Southeastern Theatre Conference) and Paul's is Zambia.  More to come on that.

This is just a quick post about my time at SETC in Mobile, Alabama.  Before that though, my friend (Elise) and I visited New Orleans for Mardi Gras!

It was the coldest and wettest Mardi Gras to date, according to our host that we stayed with in New Orleans.  Everyone we met kept lamenting for us on how terrible it was.  Yet, to us, 40 was a breeze!  Almost vacation weather!


Cold, wet, but obviously having a great time


Elise was disappointed she only got that many beads.  Don't worry, no flashing occurred :)


Beignets!


So...goooood....

We obviously ate amazingly well.  Or should I say fatteningly well.  New Orleans is such a lovely city and I would love to return.  When it's not cold and wet.  

Then, Elise and I went off to Mobile for the convention.  We attended various workshops and learned a whole bunch, but the highlight was presenting our workshop "Utilizing Image Theatre to Express Power Struggles in the High School".  We got wonderful feedback and were highly acclaimed by all.  By all I mean the 10 at the workshop.  But they were very receptive and seemed to enjoy the knowledge we imparted.



In case you forgot, we went to the South


Elise ordered a Krispy Kreme burger.  She couldn't help it.

To wrap up the convention, Elise and I saw my dear Mr. Robinson, my sortive theatre teacher, who now teaches theatre at the Central Academy of Technology and Arts in North Carolina, where Paul and I lived when we were younger.  His production of The Parchman Hour was brilliant, insightful, and all around fantastic.  I was proud to see such wonderful work from this teacher of old and hopefully, one day, I can do something like this with my students.

So, the news that's not so new: Paul and I will be moving back to Atlanta, GA and he will be with Bain & Co.  This was an incredibly difficult decision for us, starting another chapter in our history, but we think it's for the best and are excited to be back in the ATL.  

Next post: Paul's triumphant return from Zambia.

By for now!


0 comments:

Post a Comment